You might be thinking to yourself, “I can handle everything that needs to be done to run my business, why would I need to pay someone else to do them?”
Or maybe you understand that you need some help but you’re thinking that you can’t afford to hire another employee. Or you’re still probably in the dark and haven’t been introduced to other staffing options.
If you’re any of these people, then you’re missing out on a lot of opportunities. First, trying to do everything on your own has a huge impact on your productivity, stress level and overall health. Second, hiring another hand doesn’t have to be costly. Lastly, you have several options of getting help aside from hiring in-house staff.
Hiring Virtual Assistants is the common trend today, but most business owners think that this is a benefit that only big companies can enjoy. That’s a huge misconception. There are many different types of virtual assistants offering various services. Depending on what services you need, there’s definitely someone out there who has the skills that match your business needs.
If you’re still on the fence about the whole VA thing, here are some other reasons to help you make the decision.
- Your competitor is probably doing it, so why aren’t you? According to recent statistics, it is estimated that 1.8 billion people will be working with virtual assistants all over the world by 2021. In 2019, the virtual digital assistant market worldwide is at 8.56 billion dollars.
- VAs can make your life easier. In fact, it is the number one reason why business owners hire virtual assistants. 54% of people that work with VAs agree that VAs bring a sense of peace and organization to their lives. VAs take most of the burden off your shoulders so that you can dedicate more time into core processes to grow your business.
- VAs are cheaper to hire than in-house employees. One of the major advantages of hiring a virtual assistant is the lower cost. You are not required to provide employee benefits, invest in office equipment, or give paid training and bonuses. You also save money on taxes when hiring VAs instead of a full-time employee. This set up is beneficial for small business owners or startups with limited capital.
- VAs are more productive than their office counterparts. According to a study by TINYpulse, 91% of remote workers feel that they are more productive when working at home because there are no distractions and they have better control of their time. Another study by Harvard Business Review showed that home-based call center VAs made 13.5% more calls than those who worked in an office.
- You get quality work done, on time and within your budget. Some business owners are scared of handing over their tasks to virtual assistants because of quality concerns. To avoid these issues, make sure to choose your virtual assistant well, communicate your requirements clearly, and provide guidance in the first few weeks, even if you’re working with an experienced virtual assistant.
Hiring a virtual assistant is no easy feat. You need to screen each applicant thoroughly, choose the one that you think is best for you, conduct some trainings and then explain the tasks. But once you have everything set up, you’ll thank yourself for making the smart decision to hire a VA.